At Utopia we relish studying the great outdoors and thinking of new ways we can bring that inspiration inside in a stylish and timeless way that will make our creations truly coveted. So we are delighted at the response to the Arboretum Collection of fine art prints of Jac Scott’s original black and white drawings. Many clients have asked for the same beautiful trees and clean, contemporary aesthetic to be designed for a lampshade. As we pride ourselves on listening to our customers, we have launched the Arboretum Lampshade Collection.
Unlike our other shade collections this one is not limited to only 100 shades. Hence, this unlimited edition enables us to still create a handmade shade using the same top quality materials made by British makers, but also to retail it at a lower price.
This lampshade collection captures original black and white drawings of trees by Jac Scott, with a band of colour along the base and black suede trims. The design is printed on parchment, the same material as on our other designs, which creates a semi-translucent effect and dreamy quality when illuminated. The 30cm drum shade features real trees from the estates of three of the best stately homes in Norfolk: Holkham Hall, Felbrigg Hall and Blickling Hall. Discover a pair of cedars and three holm oaks from Holkham, a multi-trunk beech and a sycamore from Felbrigg, and a grand oak from Blickling Hall.
There is a wonderful palette of earth colours for you to select from – all which compliment most interior schemes.
The designs are available in drum and oval shape shades in five configurations.
The Arboretum Lampshade Collection is a complementary range to our Arboretum Collection of fine art prints which feature a unique study of living trees that can be easily found in the Norfolk landscape.
Our lampshade designs are exclusive to Utopia – each designed and beautifully crafted in Britain. It is our innovative designs and attention to detail (we match up the design at the join, so there is no back and front to our shades) that makes Utopia's lampshades so special.
Please note that the shades are made to order and may take 15-20 working days from receipt of payment.
- Professional manufacturers of over 20 years experience make all our shades in Britain.
- The designs are printed on parchment to create a subtly translucent effect.
- Each shade is finished with a fabric edging ribbon/trim to add a dynamic accent.
- Every design includes the designer’s signature.
- All designs are available in lamp or pendant fitting.
- Each shade carries a bulb wattage recommendation label as standard.
- All lampshades comply with BS EN 60598-2-2:2012 - the British Standard for Luminaries, WEEE and COSSH regulations. All shades have passed the glow-wire test and are made from fire-retardant materials.
- Each shade is wrapped in protective, clear cellophane and includes a trademark Utopia wooden label.